Monday 25 April 2016

Dear Ex-Best Friend.

Hey. It's been a while since I last thought of you, but I an found old slam book entry by you today. I'd like to say that it didn't matter to me and I didn't care, but somehow, I realized that I missed you, for quite some time, honestly. You were my best friend, my go-to person for everything. I connected with you in ways that I couldn't (and still can't) with anyone else. I believed that you understood me but you never did, did you? I was just someone that you emotionally exploited to serve your own ends. I was young, foolish and didn't realize it at that time. I don't think I ever would have realized if you hadn't betrayed me all those years ago. The date may have faded from my memory, but the events never will. Honestly, you don't deserve a sentence from me, but I deserve to say what I've been holding in for all these years. You were a terrible friend. You lied and manipulated people as and when you felt like it. I guess you probably did that to me the most. And to think, I would have given my life to save yours. *laughs* I guess you probably did a lot of other things, but as I don't have definitive proof that you did those things, I won't mention any of it here. There was a time when I hated you, but I've come to realize that hatred is exhausting. You don't deserve my forgiveness, but I deserve to be at peace. I guess you were a lesson. A lesson that the people you love the most are the ones who'll hurt you the most. People think I have trust issues because of my first relationship, but that's just partly true. I don't trust people because every time I try to let my guard down, I'm instantly reminded of everything you did. And I just shut people out. Apart from a few very special people, I haven't allowed myself to get close to anyone. I guess I should thank you for what you did. Now, I have the basic sense to understand who I should let into my life and who I shouldn't. If I was like you, I'd hope that someday, someone would do to you, exactly what you did to me. But I'm not like you. And I don't wish that on you, or anyone for that matter of fact. I'm glad that you're not in my life anymore, I have better people in my life now. I have a best friend who actually considers me to be her best friend and isn't afraid to admit it in front of other people (unlike you). She and I may be two vastly different people, but she and I share something that you and I never did. And that is the utmost honesty and respect for each other. You held me back and didn't allow me to grow as a person.  Thank you for leaving, because if you hadn't, I probably would have missed out on being friends with the most amazing individuals ever. Also, like I said before, yeah, I missed you but that doesn't mean I want you back in my life ever again.
Thanks for nothing.
Goodbye.
PS. - If you're actually reading this then there's one more thing I'd like to say to you. It's, screw you. Screw you for all the lies and the fake promises. You never deserved to be my friend and I want you to know that you missed out on having someone who would never abandon you. You mean nothing to me anymore. Now, you may carry on with your mediocre life. Adios, stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment