Sunday 24 July 2016

Empty.

Scrolling through your pictures, I choke back a sob,
I don't know why, but I just can't stop.
Why the hell does it hurt so much?
I haven't even seen your face or felt your touch.
But that doesn't stop the pain from ripping me up inside,
All I want to do is curl up and cry.
I put on a brave face and try to get through the day,
"Who gives a shit?" I fake a laugh and say.
Little do they know that it's killing me,
I hide it from everyone so skillfully.
My heart gives a little squeeze each time I hear your name,
What I wouldn't give, just to hear your voice again.
It's 2 a.m. now and I just can't sleep,
The wounds you left on my heart, they run so deep.
My fingers twitch to send you a text,
Old memories resurface and the tears come next.
You've left me alone with my heart in pieces,
The ease with which you said goodbye, left me shattered and speechless.
I've typed long messages to you, but didn't bother to send them,
Just the way you ended us, I decided to end them.
I'm staring at the moon with an empty heart,
You're gone and once again, I'm falling apart...
~Suchetana.

No comments:

Post a Comment