Thursday 29 December 2016

I love you.

The clock strikes one, the clock strikes two,
I lie awake, waiting for a call from you.
I check my phone and you're online,
I guess I'm not even on your mind.
Such a stupid little girl I must be,
You're probably talking to someone better than me.
I close my eyes and try to sleep,
But the sound of your voice still haunts me.
I check my phone again, and you still haven't replied,
I feel so numb, it's like all my emotions have died.
I read all our messages over and over again,
Why do I subject myself to so much unnecessary pain?
I wonder if thoughts of me haunt you in the middle of the night,
Because being with you was the only thing that ever felt right.
You ripped off my armour and stole my heart,
Then distance slowly pushed us apart.
I laugh at the irony of it all,
The one who swore off love was the one to fall.
I want you to say you love me,
If you don't, then lie to me.
There's no comfort in truth,
The only comfort I find is when I'm with you.
It's too late such thoughts now,
I guess I should move on, but I don't seem to know how.
Your name is the only one my heart accepts,
Not that I have any regrets.
Loving you was the best decision I ever made,
And given another chance, I would do it all over again.
I guess​ you've moved on.
And I'm still here all alone.
Nevermind, I hope you're happy,
After all, isn't that what love is?

1 comment: